Wednesday, August 6, 2008

School is cool...

So, I'm back to work full-time, even though students won't be at school until the 19th... there's a lot to do to get ready, even without a classroom of my own. Still, I love the beginning of school... the anticipation, the fresh start...
I'm attending a Law conference this week with Lauren. We learned so much today! We were both excited and overwhelmed. There is so much to learn about education... I think Lauren and I are truly sick... we can't seem to get enough of it!
A big shout out "thank you" to Rod, who had dinner waiting for me when I arrived home this evening. He is truly a blessing in my life.
I'm finishing reading A Breaking Dawn tonight... such a fun book to read! It has been a nice break from the heavy academic reading I've been doing all summer.
I'd love to hear about some of the books others have been reading... any recommendations?

4 comments:

Missy said...

So...you told Rod you had a migraine just so you could get dinner and time to read...Ooohhh a girl after my own heart! Hey I've got a good book...Just finished the BofM challenge! I promised the YW when I was finished I could FINALLY start Twilight! They're dying to talk about it, I hope it's all that!
Glad to see you gettin' your blog on!
BTW..Back2School night? When?

Kira Thunell said...

Hey, there is nothing but love for ya sista even if you like to sleep more than read about our beloved Edward. :)

And knowledge is power - so more power to ya. I wish that I had the memory capacity to retain info ... maybe after my child rearing days are over....

Next book for me, don't laugh, is Between Husband and Wife and I'd like to finish the Children of the Promise series. My cuz just read A Countess Below Stairs and really loved it. I think I'll check that one out too.

Blog is looking good. I'm proud of ya, you busy lady you.

The Wilsons said...

Holy Cow! Where did the summer go? I can't believe it is already back to school! I always wish I had more time to read. I just finished Mothering with Spiritual Power and LOVED it. Debra Sansing Woods is the author. She has some great insight. I would also have to say that the Children of the Promise series has been a favorite for a long time. Love your blog!

Amber said...

Hey Piper, I saw your blog on Melissa's, and I hope you don't mind that I checked ya out! Hope schools going good, talk to you soon!

Porter the "rock" star

Porter the "rock" star

Laid-back Lander

Laid-back Lander

McKay... she's quite a catch!

McKay... she's quite a catch!